“COOKING WITH KIDS IS NOT JUST ABOUT INGREDIENTS, RECIPES, AND COOKING. IT’S ABOUT HARNESSING IMAGINATION, EMPOWERMENT, AND CREATIVITY.”
- GUY FIERI
A child learns by using their 5 senses, which is why the kitchen is a great place to start. Our uCook Class for the Parent & Pre-School Child will enable them to create positive experiences with all types of food and ingredients. Cooking, or baking, with your child can provide them with practical and essential skills such as reading, following instructions, and measuring. It will enhance their imagination by seeing ingredients conceptualize into a tasty and healthy dish. They will develop fine motor skills, eye-hand coordination, and maybe even the basic, early concepts of math and science! All of this, while learning basic cooking and baking skills that can be compounded and used for the rest of their lives. Not to mention, developing a stronger relationship with the parent or legal guardian.
Location: Marda Loop Communities Association (3130 16 St SW).
Drop-off/Pick-up: Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the class and pick-up can be promptly at the end of class.
Format: Hands-On, Demo
Attire: Wear indoor closed-toe shoes. Long hair must be tied back. We will provide masks as per COVID-19 measure.
Allergies: uCook Classes may include the preparation of foods containing nuts, fish and seafood, and other allergens. Contact us for more details.
Here are more details about the class:
• Each class is equipped with all of the ingredients, supplies, equipment and workspace needed to create dishes safely. Each participant will be able to bring home their craftily-created dish in a container provided by uCook Classes.
• Each class is 2.5 hours in length
• Doors will open 10 minutes before the start of the class
• Each class will have 2, 15-30 minute scheduled breaks. We will have a colouring/activity station for the kids as well.
• Class is for children participants aged 3-5 and must be accompanied with a parent or legal guardian
• Maximum class occupancy is 8
• A waiver must be filled out and can be located here. Please return to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also have blank waivers on-site.
• Please wear closed-toe shoes and pants (no shorts).
• Note: There will be hot surfaces but it is the parent/legal guardian’s responsibility to keep a close watch on their child. First Aid is available on-site.
For more information about uCook Classes, go to our Information page.
|Date||Day||Time||Chef||Cuisine / Recipe|
|Oct. 20, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Cinnamon Coffee Cake|
|Oct. 27, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Decorated Sugar Cookies|
|Nov. 3, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Lemon Pound Cake|
|Nov. 10, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Oatmeal Cookies|
|Nov. 17, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Zucchini Bread|
|Nov. 24, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Cornmeal Muffins|
|Dec. 1, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Christmas Cookies|
|Dec. 8, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Cranberry Scones|
|Dec. 15, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||Chef Bridget||Pumpkin Cheesecake|
|Dec. 22, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||TBA||TBA|
|Dec. 29, 2020||Tuesday||9:00AM - 11:30AM||TBA||TBA|