“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.”
- Walt Disney
Most of our senior family members have spent their lifetimes ensuring their families were well-fed when they were younger. So it’s no surprise that our beloved senior family members may also already be experts in the kitchen.
In our uCook Class for Seniors, our participants will further develop an appreciation for the art of cooking and/or baking. The class, with guidance and supervision from the Chef Instructor, will sharpen their skills and also:
• Promote the benefits of social interaction and building relationships
• Refine eye-hand coordination by handling and preparing ingredients
• Enhancing their cognitive skill with recipe and meal preparation
• Exercising and improving memory by remembering recipes, ingredient measurements, and other important steps to create the desired dish
• Further self-confidence with the enjoyment of learning
• Improve culinary and baking skills, taught from a professionally-trained chef
Location: Marda Loop Communities Association (3130 16 St SW).
Drop-off/Pick-up: Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the class and pick-up can be promptly at the end of class.
Format: Hands-On, Demo
Attire: Wear indoor closed-toe shoes. Long hair must be tied back. We will provide masks as per COVID-19 measure.
Allergies: uCook Classes may include the preparation of foods containing nuts, fish and seafood, and other allergens. Contact us for more details.
Here are more details about the class:
• Each class is equipped with all of the ingredients, supplies, equipment and workspace needed to create dishes safely. Each participant will be able to bring home their craftily-created dish in a container provided by uCook Classes.
• The difficulty level is in the intermediate skill range with experience in the kitchen assumed (there will be more difficult options by demand)
• Each class is 2.5 hours in length
• Doors will open 10 minutes before the start of the class
• Each class will have scheduled 1-2 breaks
• Class is for participants aged 55+
• Seniors are required to bring assistance for the entire duration of the class, if need be
• Maximum class occupancy is 8
For more information about uCook Classes, go to our Information page.
|Date||Day||Time||Chef||Cuisine / Recipe|
|Oct. 19, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Chicken Pot Pie|
|Oct. 26, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Pumpkin Scones|
|Nov. 2, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Butter Tarts|
|Nov. 9, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Quiche|
|Nov. 16, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Cream Puffs|
|Nov. 23, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Crêpes|
|Nov. 30, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Sausage rolls|
|Dec. 7, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Christmas Cookies|
|Dec. 14, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Tourtière|
|Dec. 21, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||Chef Bridget||Bûche de Noël (Yule log)|
|Dec. 28, 2020||Monday||10:00AM - 12:30PM||TBA||TBA|